Award Worthy April: Major James Wright Fellow earns several accolades

3rdplace-9173Major General James Wright Fellow Brandon “BK” Kennedy had what some would call a successful month in April.  The day before Easter, BK represented the College of William & Mary at the inaugural Tom Tom Founder’s Festival College Cup Pitch Competition.  Graham Henshaw, director of the Center and the professor who nominated Kennedy to compete said, “once I saw the amount of effort he put in to such a short amount of time to refine his pitch…I knew we had made the right decision.”  Brandon’s efforts were rewarded with a 3rd place finish and a $1000 grant for his start up company, FitFight.

The bronze medal finish came on the heels of joining 40 other graduating students in accepting a Ewell Award from the College president at the William & Mary “Evening of Excellence.”  With students from all across campus receiving awards at the event, BK reports that the decision to bring his girls to a formal dinner that lasted nearly 3 hours became “memorable” for more than just the award.1st mod contributor

The month was rounded out when Brandon was recognized by his peers at a student and faculty luncheon, receiving accolades along with several of his class mates for in-class contributions and student leadership.  “I only hope that I added value where able–its always been my goal to give back as much as I have received from this program and my peers,” said Kennedy.  When asked what he planned to do in May to follow this up, BK said “finish finals and take a vacation.”Ewell award 2